6b. Kolsore Rapid Recovery - Treats Cold Sores
Herpes Simplex (commonly known as sold sores) is a temporary, reoccurring viral condition that can be managed without medications.
This natural product improves general lip health in addition to helping reduce the discomfort of cold sores.
- Aqua (water)
- Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil
- Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) leaf oil
- Ricinus communis (Castor) seed oil
- Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) wax
- Hydrogenated castor oil
- Propolis extract
- Kolorex® Pseudowintera colorata (Horopito) leaf extract
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
- Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice
- Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil
*Limonene (component of natural essential oil).
RECOMMENDED USE FOR KOLSORE®:
- Apply to the affected area as needed.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE OF KOLSORE®
- May cause a transient sensation of warmth upon application.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Do not use if you have known sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
- Propolis may cause severe allergic reactions in some individuals.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
Horopito is considered one of the oldest flowering plants – and has remained unchanged for the last 65 million years.
The powerful healing properties of Horopito were traditionally recognised as a natural remedy for skin and stomach upsets, but have since proven very effective in the treatment of herpes simplex.
In addition to traditional use, many years of rigorous scientific research has proven that Horopito has potent medicinal properties. Horopito is best known as a potent antifungal, especially against Candida albicans. In fact, Horopito is now recognized as the leading herb in the fight against Candida.
As well as being a powerful antifungal, a breakthrough came when researchers at the University of Otago discovered that Horopito extract is very effective at killing the herpes virus. It was this discovery that started the journey to launch KOLSORE® to the world.
Frequently asked questions about KOLSORE®:
IS KOLSORE® SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN?
We do not have safety studies on the use of KOLSORE® by children and so safety cannot be guaranteed. Because of this, we cannot recommend use of KOLSORE® by children under the age of 12.
CAN I USE KOLSORE® DURING PREGNANCY?
KOLSORE® contains only natural ingredients and is perfectly safe to use during pregnancy.
CAN I USE KOLSORE® WHILE BREAST FEEDING?
KOLSORE® contains only potent natural ingredients and is suitable to use during breastfeeding.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS IN KOLSORE®?
KOLSORE® contains a world-first triple dose of scientifically studied natural ingredients that have been shown to support rapid recovery from lip outbreaks. KOLSORE® contains:
- Kolorex® Horopito extract. Horopito is a plant endemic to New Zealand with high levels of the active called polygodial. Kolorex® Horopito is patented for its antiviral activity against the herpes virus.
- Propolis Extract – Multiple published studies have shown topical application of propolis extract is beneficial for rapid recovery from lip inflammation and healthy lips. See Scientific Studies (linked) for more information.
- Lysine – an essential amino acid that suppresses Arginine (another amino acid) that has been shown to stimulate virus replication.
KOLSORE® SIDE EFFECTS TO BE AWARE OF
The most common side effect from using KOLSORE® is a transient heat sensation experienced when applying the product. This is due to the Horopito extract which is hot and peppery. Horopito leaves are naturally hot, not unlike cayenne pepper. During the extraction process the activity and heat are concentrated so that even the small amount that goes into the ointment can produce a sense of heat. This can be quite warm for a small number of people when applied to sensitive, damaged tissue - but should not be uncomfortable.
HOW SHOULD I USE KOLSORE®?
The earlier you can apply KOLSORE® the better. Apply at first sign of tingle and apply to the affected area as needed.
CAN I USE KOLSORE® AS A GENERAL LIP CONDITIONER/LIP BALM?
KOLSORE® is designed specifically to address a lip cold sore outbreak and support rapid recovery. KOLSORE® is not recommended as a general lip balm.
WILL KOLSORE® INTERACT WITH OTHER HERBAL OR PRESCRIPTION MEDICINES?
There are no known incidents in the literature of KOLSORE® of the product interacting with medications.
IS KOLSORE® A MEDICINE?
No. KOLSORE® is not intended to cure or prevent any disease. It is a natural product designed to support the recovery from herpes simplex outbreaks.
WHAT MAKES KOLSORE® SO EFFECTIVE?
KOLSORE® addresses all stages of a lip cold sore outbreak. Its innovative formulation is designed to address the source of a lip outbreak with a blend of potent natural ingredients working in synergy for a much more profound effect.
KOLSORE®’s unique formula also contains Pharmaceutical Grade lanolin for lip conditioning, and Vitamin E to help heal cracked lip skin.