Oku products are built around the amazing native herbs of New Zealand to highlight the incredible properties these plants have.
Some of the natives we use in our products are; Kawakawa, Kumarahou, Manuka, Hoheria, Akeake, Horopito, Karamu and Rewarewa.
The herbs we use are not grown on a typical commercial scale but are harvested from wildcrafted sources within the NZ Native Bush (from private land).
We like to think of these wildcrafted herbs as being even better than organic as they are grown in their natural habitat in the bush exclusive to New Zealand.
How to drink Kawakawa tea:
- Enjoy with a slice of lemon for an extra refreshing drink, sweeten with honey if desired.
- Infuse with a couple of fresh mint leaves – mint can also help to soothe and calm an upset digestive system.
- Infuse with fresh ginger – ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and can also soothe an upset digestive system and help ease any nausea.
- Infuse with green tea – For a more stimulating “wake up” tea with some caffeine and antioxidant properties.
- Iced tea – Any of the above poured over ice on a hot day for a refreshing iced tea.