- 1 kilogram of Red Rascal potatoes or (low water/high starch potato)
- 3 teaspoons of Rhayne Porcini Salt
- 1 cup full fat milk (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons room-temperature unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- ½ teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of table salt (to mix with boiling water)
- Wash, peel, and cut the potatoes into small pieces (approx 1" cubed)
- Place potatoes in a large pot of cold water salted with table salt and bring to a boil over a high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and allow to thoroughly air dry and slightly cool.
- Mash potatoes in small batches with potato smasher, adding salt to taste, butter and milk over time until completely incorporated.
- Finally, Top with Rhayne Porcini Salt and cracked pepper to taste. Serve hot.