- 300g sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 teaspoons of Makrut lime leaf sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Dry scallops well with paper towels. Sprinkle the Makrut lime leaf sea salt over the scallops, making sure the flat sides are still exposed so you can get a nice brown on them.
- Warm the butter and oil in a frying pan until the butter starts to brown (but be careful not to let it burn). Gently place the scallops in the pan and allow to brown fully on one side before turning (about 2 minutes). Flip them gently once browned, and add the chives to the butter. Cook for another minute and then they’re done! Remove excess oil before eating.
Time: It’s done in minutes, but doesn’t taste like it. The Makrut lime leaf se salt infuse a complex flavor without overpowering or masking the scallops’ natural sweetness, and sautéing with browned butter and chives adds a nutty flavor with just a hint of onion from the chives.