- 2 cups tomato sauce - The cheap stuff is fine
- 1 cup water - boil it first and let it cool
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of horopito ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and allow to simmer for 45 minutes-1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool before storing it in the fridge!
The hard bit.... find a nice glass vessel - old jam jar, recycled bottle of ketchup etc. an original and well thought of last minute Fathers Day gift!