This recipe is a short-cut version for all those times you are caught off guard and need a delicious dip in a flash. Don't be fooled by its simplicity, you'll love the hot savoury, peppery horopito flavour. Six minutes to prepare but best when refrigerated for 2-3 hours.
What do I need?
1 teaspoon of Horopito seasoning
1 clove of garlic
2 teaspoons of oil
170g of hummus
- Add a pinch of salt and horopito pepper to the oil and whisk well.
- Heat the oil mixture gently for about 5 minutes. This releases the citric flavours and aromatic oils from the horopito pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour the horopito infused oil into the prepared hummus and stir it through until well mixed.
- Cover the hummus and refrigerate, allowing the horopito pepper to infuse for 2-3 hours.
- For a smoother consistency, slowly drizzle in more oil to taste.
This is taken from www.bite.co.nz